Do's And Don’ts In Tackling A Statistic Assignment
An assignment refers to a task given either as a job or academic study. A statistics assignment involves doing a study from a grouped data. During this type of an assignment one needs to collect the correct data preferably do a primary data collection. This is to ensure that information taken from the statistics gives a clear study of the data at hand. Therefore there are several rules that one should look into to achieve this.
The dos in a statistic assignment
- Ensure that you understand and comprehend the question of study. This helps you to plan on how and where you will start your assignment and what you will need during the study.
- Make a plan and arrange how the study will be carried out. A well planned job makes work easier and ensures that all requirements of the study are catered for without omission.
- Divide the assignment into smaller manageable segments. This helps you to work with ease and you are able to clearly know the progress of your assignment. It also helps you estimate the duration time of the assignment.
- During the study of the grouped data, provide information as collected and reference information to validate your study. If its primary data, show how you got it and where you collected it from. If your study is done using secondary methods of data collected, provide the reference materials used.
The don’ts in a statistic assignment
- Do not record data that you cannot defend. The data provided in a statistics assignment is usually used to give an analysis and if the data provided is found to be incorrect it could lead to great losses.
- Avoid copying data from other statistic study partners as this will not give clear picture of the data collected. This is because every person views things differently and copying will give biased analysis.
- Do not be overconfident in your study as this may prevent you from getting all the data required hence hindering proper statistic analysis due to insufficient information.
- Do not compromise the time stipulated for the study. Procrastination during a statistic assignment may cause you not give the required report and analysis in time.
Analysis and report taken from a statistic assignment are used by organizations and even the government to know how allocate funds to the groups of study. The report allows them to know areas that need emergency attendance therefore correct report is very essential.